Welcome to Desert Insurance Solution’s page about Indian Wells, California and issues related to Indian Wells homeowners insurance! For information about Desert Insurance Solutions, visit our home page here.
Indian Wells is a beautiful resort town located near the east end of Southern California’s Coachella Valley, which is anchored on the west end by Palm Springs. Indian Wells attracts many seasonal visitors and second home owners with its 348 warm sunny days per year. First developed in the 1950’s as a golf getaway for the Hollywood elite, Indian Wells now has more than 5,000 residents enjoying life nestled in the shade of the Santa Rosa Mountains.
Things to Do in Indian Wells
Indian Wells is for the active! Hiking, biking and parks are all embraced. It’s a golf and tennis mecca. Indian Wells residents can play the two Indian Wells Resort award winning golf courses at a substantial discount. The main places to dine and shop are along Highway 111 and in the neighboring towns of La Quinta and Palm Desert.
Fun national events in Indian Wells include the Indian Wells Art Festival and the BNP Paribas Tennis Tournament. The Indian Wells Tennis Garden is a beautiful facility that includes the second largest tennis-specific stadium in the world. Indian Wells’ nearby neighbor cities host The American Express PGA Tournament, Ironman, the La Quinta Art Celebration, the Coachella Music Festival, Stagecoach Music Festival and World Class Polo.
And it’s only a 20 minute drive through Palm Desert and Rancho Mirage to hipster Palm Springs, all places with fun shopping, fine dining and more fun things to see and do!
Places To Live In Indian Wells
Indian Wells home options range from distinctive single family homes to luxurious country clubs that are like cities within cities. Premiere Indian Wells country clubs include:
- Indian Wells County Club
- The Vintage Club
- The Reserve Club
- Eldorado Country Club
- Desert Horizons Country Club
Indian Wells Homeowners Insurance Issues
Indian Wells is a great place to live, but there are some unique Indian Wells homeowners insurance issues that you should be sure to address:
- High Value Homes. Each of the clubs listed above has homes valued at over $1mm. Homeowners at this level of net worth have unique liability exposures.
- Multiple Homes. Many Indian Wells homeowners live elsewhere in the hot summers. There are significant benefits to consolidating insurance, but to do that your agent needs to be licensed in multiple states.
- Earthquake. Indian Wells is located near the San Andreas Fault so earthquake insurance options should be considered.
- Wildfire Risk. Indian Wells is not exposed to wildfire risk, but certain insurance carriers are pricing large regions of Southern California for elevated wildfire risk regardless.
- Flood. Despite its desert location, Indian Wells experienced a significant flash flood in September, 2013.
- Pools. Pools on golf courses in Indian Wells may have different fencing requirements than other parts of the country.
- Vacation Rentals. Indian Wells allows restricted vacation rentals, but they are subject to licensing, taxes and rules (generally 30 night minimum unless HOA opt-out). If you’re renting your house out, you need special insurance.
- Condo Form. If your free-standing home is legal form condominium and your HOA provides insurance on the structure without earthquake insurance, you can’t get earthquake insurance added to that policy for your individual home.
Bottom Line on Indian Wells Homeowners Insurance
Indian Wells is a great place to buy a home and live, especially in the fall, winter and spring. But there are a number of insurance issues, especially for high value multiple homeowners. The answer for insurance is Desert Insurance Solutions: an award-winning independent insurance broker, licensed in all states and located next door in La Quinta!
Call us today at 480-477-8043 or 760-564-6800, or click here to learn more.