Whether you are buying a home in La Quinta, California or already own a home but are looking for your homeowners insurance options in the “Gem of the Desert,” here are the things to know about living in the city, things to do and issues related to La Quinta homeowners insurance.
Note: Our team at Desert Insurance Solutions has decades of experience serving the needs of homeowners in La Quinta and the Greater Palm Springs Area. If you have any questions on your insurance needs, please feel free to contact us. We are here to help!
La Quinta is a beautiful resort town located at the east end of Southern California’s Coachella Valley, which is anchored on the west end by Palm Springs. La Quinta attracts many seasonal visitors and second home owners with its 348 warm sunny days per year. First developed in 1926 as a hideaway for the Hollywood elite, La Quinta now has over 40,000 residents enjoying life nestled in the shade of the Santa Rosa Mountains.
Things to Do in La Quinta
La Quinta is for the active! Hiking, biking, parks and tennis are all embraced. It’s a golf mecca. La Quinta residents can play the award-winning SilverRock golf course at a substantial discount. The main places to dine and shop are the charming Santa Barbara style “Old Town” area, and the larger stores along Highway 111.
Fun national events in La Quinta include The American Express PGA Tournament, Ironman Triathlon, and the La Quinta Art Celebration. Its adjoining neighbor cities, Indio and Indian Wells, are home to the Coachella Music Festival, Stagecoach Music Festival, BNP Paribas Tennis Tournament and World Class Polo.
And it’s only a 30 minute drive along Highway 111 through Indian Wells, Palm Desert and Rancho Mirage to hipster Palm Springs, all places with fun shopping, fine dining and more fun things to see and do!
Places To Live In La Quinta
La Quinta home options range from a family orientation (north of Highway 111) to eclectic and artsy (La Quinta Cove) to luxurious country club living. Premiere La Quinta country clubs include:
- PGA West
- The Quarry
- Rancho La Quinta
- Mountain View
- La Quinta Country Club
- The Madison Club
La Quinta, California Homeowners Insurance Issues
La Quinta is a great place to live, but there are some unique La Quinta homeowners insurance issues that you should be sure to address:
- High Value Homes: Each of the clubs listed above has homes valued at over $1mm. Homeowners at this level of net worth have unique liability exposures.
- Multiple Homes: Many La Quinta homeowners live elsewhere in the hot summers. There are significant benefits to consolidating insurance, but to do that your agent needs to be licensed in multiple states.
- Earthquake: La Quinta is located near the San Andreas Fault so earthquake insurance options should be considered.
- Wildfire Risk: La Quinta is not exposed to wildfire risk, but certain insurance carriers are pricing large regions of Southern California for elevated wildfire risk regardless.
- Pools: Pools on golf courses in La Quinta may have different fencing requirements than other parts of the country.
- Vacation Rentals: La Quinta allows vacation rentals, but they are subject to licensing, taxes and rules. If you’re renting your house out, you need special insurance.
- Condo Form: If your free-standing home is legal form condominium and your HOA provides insurance on the structure without earthquake insurance, you can’t get earthquake insurance added to that policy for your individual home.
Bottom Line On La Quinta Homeowners Insurance
La Quinta is a great place to buy a home and live, especially in the fall, winter and spring. But there are a number of insurance issues, especially for high value multiple homeowners. The answer is Desert Insurance Solutions: an award-winning independent insurance broker, licensed in all states and located right here in La Quinta!
Learn more: Call us today at 760-564-6800, send us an email, or join our mailing list: