Welcome to Desert Insurance Solution’s page about Rancho Mirage, California and issues related to Rancho Mirage homeowners insurance! For information about Desert Insurance Solutions, visit our home page here.
Rancho Mirage is a beautiful resort town located in the west-center of Southern California’s Coachella Valley, just east of Palm Springs. Rancho Mirage is a quiet, upscale community that attracts many seasonal visitors and second home owners with its 348 warm sunny days per year. First developed in the 1950’s as a warm weather getaway, Rancho Mirage attracted many 1960’s era celebrities such as Frank Sinatra and Bing Crosby. Gerald Ford lived here and the Obama’s plan to make Rancho Mirage their winter home. Today Rancho Mirage has more than 20,000 residents enjoying life nestled in the shade of the Santa Rosa Mountains.
Things to Do in Rancho Mirage
Rancho Mirage has plenty to do for the active! Hiking, biking and parks are all embraced and there are 13 golf courses. Residents get a discount at the Westin Mission Hills course. The main places to dine and shop are along Highway 111 including an upscale shopping mall called “The River.” World-class medical services are available at the Eisenhower Medical Center.
Fun attractions in Rancho Mirage include Sunnylands (the Annenberg Estate), the Library/Observatory, the Agua Caliente Casino Resort, the ANA Inspiration LPGA Tournament and the Rancho Mirage Wine and Food Festival. Nearby cites host The American Express PGA Tournament, BNP Paribas Tennis Tournaments, Ironman, La Quinta and Indian Wells Art Festivals, the Coachella Music Festival, Stagecoach Music Festival and world class polo.
And it’s only a short drive west to hipster Palm Springs, or east through Palm Desert, Indian Wells to La Quinta…all places with great shopping, fine dining and more fun things to see and do!
Rancho Mirage Homeowners Insurance Issues
Rancho Mirage is a great place to live, but there are some unique Rancho Mirage homeowners insurance issues that you should be sure to address:
- High Value Homes. Each of the clubs listed above has homes valued at over $1mm. Homeowners at this level of net worth have unique liability exposures.
- Multiple Homes. Many Rancho Mirage homeowners live elsewhere in the hot summers. There are significant benefits to consolidating insurance, but to do that your agent needs to be licensed in multiple states.
- Earthquake. Rancho Mirage is located near the San Andreas Fault so earthquake insurance options should be considered.
- Wildfire Risk. Rancho Mirage is not exposed to wildfire risk, but certain insurance carriers are pricing large regions of Southern California for elevated wildfire risk regardless.
- Pools. Pools on golf courses in Rancho Mirage may have different fencing requirements than other parts of the country.
- Vacation Rentals. Rancho Mirage vacation rentals are subject to licensing, taxes and rules. If you’re renting your house out, you need special insurance.
- Condo Form. If your free-standing home is legal form condominium and your HOA provides insurance on the structure without earthquake insurance, you can’t get earthquake insurance added to that policy for your individual home.
Bottom Line On Rancho Mirage Homeowners Insurance
Rancho Mirage is a great place to buy a home and live, especially in the fall, winter and spring. But there are a number of insurance issues, especially for high value multiple homeowners. The answer for insurance is Desert Insurance Solutions: an award-winning independent insurance broker, licensed in all states and located just down the road in nearby La Quinta!
Call us today at 760-564-6800 or click here to learn more.